Child Support Modification
Legal Modification in Washington State
Once legal child support arrangements have been made, there may come a time when adjustments are required, whether it has been short- or long-term circumstances that have changed for either parent. In most cases, there’s some sort of change or difference in the previously reported income. When it comes to Washington state child support modification, we have you covered. Therefore, you must understand the common reasons a court will consider child support modification.
Reasons for Child Support Modification
- Income levels have either increased or decreased
- From gaining a promotion or new job entirely to losing employment or finding yourself with decreased hours, these are reasons for child support reconsideration.
- The child requires additional needs
- From dental work, like braces, to tutoring programs and other therapies, children grow and so do their chosen activities and care.
- The obligor has more children
- If the obligor has more children, their expenses will need to be re-examined.
Understanding Temporary vs. Permanent
There are times when a court will agree that a child support modification is necessary. If that is the case, the adjustment may be either temporary or permanent. A temporary modification can include a lump sum of funds to cover the immediate needs the child is facing. Such needs can include school clothes and shoes or health-related emergencies.
We Can Help. Call Today!
Our team is experienced and highly knowledgeable on all aspects of family law. We work with you and make it a point to thoroughly explain the court process one step at a time. With years of experience providing top-of-the-line family legal services in Tri-Cities, Washington, we strive to meet your satisfaction. For legal representation that goes beyond the courtroom, choose LaCoste Law. As a top-rated law firm in the area, we’ve got you covered. For more information regarding child support modification or any of our other family law services, contact our skilled team today.